Sunday 20 January 2019

Preparation for riding practice

With the seat mounted. nearly ready to ride :).  I mounted some bars in order to mount a brake lever and installed the rear brake.  The BB is mounted to the boom with a Flevobike type adjustable BB shell.  The rest of the drivetrain is spares from other bikes.



My partner Sarah was first to sit on the bike.


Now it's just the simple matter of learning to ride.  We went to a local space this morning and, as expected, we fell off a lot and didn't go anywhere.  There will be many more attempts in the next few weeks, reports to follow.

Once I am happy with the general setup of the bike I will add mounts for lights, rack and mudguards, a front brake, headrest and bottles.  I will then paint the bike - again, I will make sure that no more welding needs to be done before I paint.  It is possible that the front frame has too much flex - we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats !

    I'm thinking about one too !
    I'm located in Normandy and wonder if I could use an old pair of skis for the backframe and thus have a suspension.
    About the Flevobike type adjustable BB shell, did you buy it or arrange it from a standard spare BB ?

    To chat per email, my name is Romain Lange and my email is fristName.Name at gmail dot com

    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete